Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Plastic In Your Banana Fritters!

I haven't been able to enlarge the article, but The Sunday Post (what date, Nee?) has an article about plastic straws and bags being an ingredient in the oil that the vendors fry your favorite goreng pisang in, and all the other gorengs like chicken, fishballs and so on. I still find it hard to believe but didn't somebody do a video series called Shocking Asia in the 80s? And I live in one of those countries...

This is one reason we should be more knowledgable and careful about what and where we eat.

6 comments:

Precious Pea said...

@_@

I heard about this before but I always tot it's a myth. Such unscrupulous traders.

Mandy said...

really? But I love to eat goreng pisang. How? Maybe Sabah's hawkers haven't learned that trick? :p

Greg Wee said...

NEE: I have never seen it with my own eyes. just bought goreng pisang that is soo crispy they dont even bend when you hold it up. And the taste was terrible, really bland and weird. at that time got no idea..just sapu-ed.

Not all hawkers are like tat. We have to just watch out for those really crispy food esp even after few hours. Myth or truth no harm to be careful.

bryan said...

Maybe we should pool all our resources, and find one trusted banana fritter stall!

I don't think I could live without having some fried banana once in a while. :(

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

i'm not taking chances. no more deep fried food from hawkers for me :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh Terri.. my Hubby and Kids love those crisps! :-S Hence my championing of the cause of home cooked food in our home! ;-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...